Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Magic Day

 
Posted by Picasa


Today was the day. The day that spring actually “arrived.” The Confederate jasmine is beginning to bloom and scent the air. Roses are putting on their full show. Salvias, lilies, guara, and many more are popping out buds and blooms. The weather was warm. There was that special light at sunset that seems to happen only at this time of year. The soil is moist and all of the plants are thriving. The weeds are flourishing as well, but they are so green they look beautiful too.

Watering, weeding, and planting were pure pleasure, as were the smells of spring warmed earth and freshly turned compost. It was warm enough that my hair stuck to the back of my neck for the first time this year.

This was the day. The magic day that was just perfect for a gardener.

14 comments:

  1. What a great post. I can picture it all and can't wait for that type of weather in my neck of the woods..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think summer arrived at my house! It was downright hot; maybe I was working too hard ~ NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! Spring finally caught up with us this past weekend too, Debbi! I'm already anticipating sandal weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had a few of those magical days lately. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was around 90 degrees here today. My bluebonnets have decided they should wait until now to bloom. I am loving those red poppies! Yes, spring is here! Happy Earth Day!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that fragrance! When it starts to bloom, I can smell it before I see it as I take my nightly walk. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tink, Hope you get some great weather soon.

    Thanks Foxy.

    Nola, Don't over do it girl:)

    Monica, That's Blaspheme;)

    OFB, Off with your socks already?

    Kim and Victoria, They are glorious aren't they.

    Keewee, Yes we do.

    Brenda, Happy Earth Day right back atcha.

    Linda, They smell so very very good especially at night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it the best feeling? I'm so glad that spring has come for you! Hooray!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cindy and yes it is.

    Hi Racquel. yay is right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I know just what you mean! We are having same kind of delicious weather here in CA! Isn't it divine?
    Not too fast, though, as sprinkles are inexplicably forecast for the weekend--perfect for a nice shoot, however, to showcase what the sun brought forth all week long. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathryn, We are supposed to have rain for the next few days too. Still that day was perfect.

    ReplyDelete