Monday, March 15, 2010

Manly is Home

We are home and Manly is doing well. I have to say that the VA hospital staff did a fantastic job. They let me know every time they moved him from one step to the next and the surgeon explained the procedure to me without insulting my intelligence. This may be my first hospital experience where I actually want to write them a thank you note for awesome communication skills. We are very grateful that our country is taking care of our veterans - particularly the veteran I love and live with. Thank you all for your well wishes. Gotta go now, he is demanding my mom's soup.

6 comments:

  1. So glad he's home and you had a good experience with the hospital.


    The hummingbird vine seeds you gave me are coming up like gangbusters. I'm excited for what they will bring to my hideous chainlink fence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginger and glad to hear the vines are on their way. Love to get news of my seed babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad that things went so well! I hope Manly's healing and recovery is speedy and complete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie girl I'm sorry I have been missing your posts (a lot going on here too) .. I am so glad this was a positive experience for you .. I especially know because my husband is a "vet" too and we know how it feels .. I think the VA in both our countries know they are under the microscope for the treatment vets get and that is a good thing .. too many bad things had gone on.
    Speedy recovery to Manly and that you get some rest and relaxation soon too girl !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to a speedy recovery for Manly and so glad to hear of a positive hospital experience for once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbi, you are not the first person to comment on the care from VA hospitals. I agree with you..it's nice to know the veterans are taken good care of. Hope your hubby heals really fast.

    ReplyDelete