I know, I know, I'm being a big baby. Everyone else has snow and freezing weather. All we are dealing with is a little cool, dreary weather here in north Texas. In our parts, snow is a catastrophe and ice, well if there is ice everything just comes to a grinding halt and nobody goes anywhere. Today is one of the grey days when I just don't feel like I can possibly get warm. My feet hurt, my hands hurt and I feel a little sad. Here are some of the ways I fix it when I get uncomfortably cold.
1. Put on two pairs of socks and a pair of fuzzy slippers. (I'm ready for you sock haters:)
2. Take a lap quilt and put it in the dryer to warm it up then wrap it around your shoulders.
3. Drink hot tea.
4. Place a little space heater near your chair.
5. Wear flannel pants
6. Wear knitted wrist warmers .
7. Put a pot of water and some good smelling herbs to simmer on the stove. (Helps the skin and hair).
8. Wear a large fluffy scarf around the neck and shoulders.
9. Enjoy a warm hobby like knitting, crochet or quilting. I find quilting to be the most advanced of these hobbies.
10. Own a barley bag. I know that sounds weird, but I don't know what else to call it. My boss made me one and I love it. She made a square bag out of heavy cotton fabric, put about a pound of barley in it and scented it with Origins "Peace of Mind." Then, she sewed up the bag and made a terry cloth cover for it. I put the bag in the microwave for two minutes on high and the thing stays warm for a very long time. It is in my lap right now.
11. Finally, don't like the weather in Texas, wait five minutes. I know, tired old saying, but still.
Now, picture me doing and wearing all of those things at the same time. hahahahaha...You're welcome.