Sunday, December 14, 2008

Windy Weather Wisdom

It was extremely windy here today. My face feels burned and my lips are chapped. The temperature, however, was wonderful. It was impossible for me to stay inside. I just had to get out into the garden. Here are a few observations regarding things you might not want to do in the garden during a windstorm.

1. Sift compost, unless you like compost up your nose and in your hair.
2. Scatter seeds. Pretty sure those seeds are in the county just east of here.
3. Prune roses. Ouch!!!!!
4. Underestimate the hair tangling abilities of high wind on long curly hair. Ouch!!!!
5. Use a leaf blower. This is absolutely pointless.
6. Forget to close the door to the rabbit hutch. Well, this is always a nono, but bunny chasing in high wind is just wrong.
7. Leave the backdoor open. Kitchen full of leaves, not nice.
8. Water into the wind. Yes, yes, nice and wet.
9. Pick up blown over potted plants over and over and over. Just give up already until the wind is gone.
10. Spread blood mean and bone meal on newly made beds. I am pretty sure that blood meal up the nose is not a good thing.

Maybe I should have flown a kite.

Hope you had a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't blew away Aunt Debbi!
    --Curmudgeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windy or not--I lived in the backyard on Sunday afternoon. We grilled out and even ate out on the patio. Heaven....until that darn cold front came in...grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Leave it to you to find the humor in the tragedies of a windy day. I love it!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! It was mega windy here yesterday too!

    Only outdoor stuff we did was watch the chickens' feathers ruffle in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the most wonderful sense of humor! I can always count on you to come up with something witty that makes me laugh. Still laughing over that sock on the ceiling fan, in fact.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Curmudgeon.

    VP, no hats would have stayed on heads in that wind.

    Linda, i couldn't stay inside either. Today was way too cold.

    Cindy, might as well laugh.

    Foxy, wind blown birds:)

    Brenda, I really was not laughing about that stinky sock it was more like stunned amazement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I tried to post a comment yesterday but it wouldn't let me. Sounds like we both had adventure with no children involved. I'm sure glad both of us are still around and didn't get blown away with all that wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi cinj, don't know what was up with the comments. Glad to know you were blown off.

    ReplyDelete