Sunday, February 22, 2009



If you didn't believe that my kids actually eat vegetables, here is the proof. Middle Monkey is eating a baked acorn squash with nothing on it but a little bit of butter. Yes, I am bragging.


Now look, some monkey or another has put a plastic bug on my Valentine's flowers. Naughty or nice?
Posted by Picasa

Has anyone ever grown potatoes in bags? If so, did it work?


  1. Nice, nice! It means they NOTICED the flowers!

  2. Naughty--but cute!!

    Yum--acorn squash--but sprinkle a little cinnamon on mine please! :)

  3. That's definately something worth bragging about!

    I'd have to say nice since no petals were broken/removed AND it's not a real OR harmful pest.

  4. I grew flowers in bags once, but wasn't totally satisfied. How cute of your monkey to pose for the photo; go monkey!!!

  5. Yum I love squash with just butter. The bug is a very nice addition too(-: At least its not real!!!

  6. Bugs are cool so I'm voting nice :)

    But then again, i have tarrantulas as pets so i may be a little skewed.

    mmmmm squash....make me some too please.

  7. As well you should brag! I wish mine would eat that kind of thing.

    Your kids are so funny, putting the bug on your flowers.

  8. I have let potatoes sprout roots from neglecting them. Does that count? Now what are you talking about growing them in a bag. That intrigues me.

    I had no doubt that your kids would eat veges. Isn't this the kid who ate the blossoms last year?

  9. Ha! This is great! I have never dared to eat a (nearly) naked winter squash myself, preferring them pureed and added to other dishes, so I am SO impressed! As for the Valentine bug, raising kids to have a great sense of humor may be the biggest favor you've ever done for them or humankind. Go Monkeys go!!!

  10. Tatyana, I think he was trying to scare me.

    Linda, right darling:)

    Cinj, That's true. He didn't mess it up at all.

    Nola, I am trying the potatoes in the bad thing. It is supposed to work great. We'll see. The monkey says thank you.

    Nickie, AHHHHHHHHH

    Foxy, I don't think I could get one of my to eat caviar like yours will.

    Anna, Teenage Monkey is the one who eats morning glory blooms. Weird kid.

    OFB, Thanks. I hope they don't scare me to death trying to get a laugh though.

  11. Well, I think that monkey with the plastic bug was attempting his hand at decorating. And he did a pretty darned good job!

  12. Aw, thanks Brenda. I needed a positive spin on that.