I started growing hardy hibiscus about three or four years ago. These are my favorite plants and also Middle Monkey's. He claims all of our plants as "his". The first plant I purchased was a Texas Star Hibiscus . I grew it in a large container on our deck. It grew to be about six feet tall. Now we live on a corner lot in a small town. If you have never seen the Texas Star Hibiscus click right there. Now you have an idea why our small town police officer pulled over on our side street, rolled down his window and asked, "Mrs. M. what kinda plants are you growing up there?" Seriously, I would not grow marijuana on my open deck for every person in small town Texas to see. I'm goofy, but not that goofy.
PS. He knew me by name for several reasons.
1. I used to have a peeping tom.
2. My kid called 911 and told on me.
3. My Manly Man was on the volunteer fire department with him.
4. We have had bicycles stolen.
5. It's a small town and we are a nosey lot.
Separated at Birth? Surreal Pillars of Mexico
10 hours ago