Saturday, February 9, 2008

Denial

It's about 5:20 a.m. and the compost pile only came up to 70 degrees. This is not hot. So I guess the next step is the bunny poo tea. Or should I just nuke it with everything I thought of using yesterday and hope for the best? The pile is right next to the bunny pen and they may not like the smell of ammonia in the morning. I think I am in the first stage of grief - denial.

What do you do at 5:20 in the morning? Does it involve wind-up flashlights and a bathrobe? Do the neighbors think you are crazy?

Keep Middle Monkey in your prayers. He has the flu.

3 comments:

  1. Usually at that time of the morning I'm just thinking about crawling out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even thinking about it. Throw a lot of nitrogen at it, and it should heat up, but I don't worry about it too much. I'm kind a throw the compost together and let it be kind of gal.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is several days later. I still keep getting up at weird times. The compost is now only 60 degrees. When it dryes out we will tear it apart and start over.

    ReplyDelete