Monday, November 29, 2010

Freezer Burn

Two nights ago, it dropped below 30 and my warm weather plants are all melted. Really, they look melted. My beautiful zinnias are no longer pink, orange, white and red. They are now just brown and limp. The tomatoes and peppers appear to have been hit with a blow torch. It is funny how some things previously frozen often look burnt - freezer burn?

I have a slight earache right now, so I am going to leave the mess until it either warms up or my ear feels better. Hope the neighbors don't mind the mess. Shouldn't be a problem as I can pay them off with pickled peppers and green tomatoes. The kitchen table is covered in hot peppers and green tomatoes. There is plenty to go around.

If anyone has green tomato recipes they would like to share, I would love to have them. See, I didn't beg this year. Well, not yet anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment