Sunday, February 8, 2009

Interesting Introduction

We have had a very busy weekend. Yesterday we spent the afternoon with our good friends out in the country. We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, visited and listened to the oldest country music the satellite radio would pick up. The kids had a blast fishing, paddling around in a canoe, shooting at tin cans and just getting dirty. Because of the real Bar-B-Que, I was not able to find the time or brain space to to participate in VP's dinner party. I did manage to meet someone very interesting at our Bar-B-Que. As a child, she grew up on the Kaufman County Poor Farm . Her grandfather was the County Commissioner in charge of the farm in the 1940's. She had many memories to share and believes she has a box of old pictures and documents.

Today, I spent the whole afternoon in the garden. It is a lot neater and the collection half of the composting system is almost completely full. The ants are in serious decline:)

Hope you had a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I love bbq's. I think most people have an interesting story if we can just take the time to figure it out. I've gotten much more into history lately so as I get older people that can share some piences of history have become much more interesting to me.

    Busy weekends are the norm for us family folks, aren't they? We had some visitors this weekend and took Peanut to Hotel for Dogs (finally). While it wasn't nice enough for an outdoor picnic we did take a nice stroll today. Can't wait to get out in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and Kurt had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love those kinds of weekends--hate the kind you stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the weather just fantastic? Hard to believe it's only Feb! Sounds like your bbq was lots of fun. I didn't know there was an actual poor farm; I'll have to go read up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to attend my first bbq of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lot of fun! My favorite Wii game is the one where you shot at tin cans. I would have a blast with the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather was warm but windy here, not windy enough to keep us indoors though. Good job beating those pesky ants! We had a ton at the old house and are hoping that they didn't follow us when we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinj, We had such a nice day yesterday. I really enjoyed the garden. Today it is cold and wet. But it is a good cold and wet. We need this rain bad.

    Niels, yes we did.

    Linda, wasn't it nice of the rain let us enjoy the weekedn and wait until last night to come.

    Nola, that link is weird but it will work there is just another step to it.

    flowrgirl1, It won't be long now.

    Momo, No cans survived.

    Shala, I am sure most of the ants just moved on, which is fine. Live and let live here at the corner of 1st and Crazy street here in tiny town texas as long as you don't sting me.

    ReplyDelete